Saturday, March 20, 2010

Farewell, AlTab

My brother and sister who are not my relatives have left me. AlTab has moved to San Fransisco (That is Alain and Tabitha, they are a couple and I call them AlTab because Alain is a Ruby on Rails programming geek). Alain and I are like two little peas in a supernova, I say supernova because there's no way in creation we'd fit into a pod together. Both of us have very large personalities that don't fit well together in small, confined spaces. Regardless, he is like a brother unto me and I will miss him so much. Tabitha will be missed as well, she is cooler than thou, forever, in a very good way. If you read her blog, off.the.twig then you already know this. Good for you.
Let us all raise our glasses in celebration that their lives in San Fransisco will be amazing! **clink**

When I was a little girl I lived in SF with my father sometimes. It has always been and will continue to be my favorite city. If not my absolute favorite, then way up on the list. I will forever remember it through a golden glow of childhood recollection. I miss the Japanese Tea Garden (Portland's Japanese gardens have got nothin' on you) and rollerblading through Golden Gate Park. I miss that fabulous Italian restaurant my dad used to take me to... I ate so much fettuccini alfredo and never got sick- it is still my favorite Italian dish. Fried calamari too, so good!
I miss the place with amazing calzones and to die for gelato. I miss the thai restaurants that would always make me a dinner order of chicken sate and the sushi bars with all the boats floating around. Yes, SF is a fair city stuffed with gastronomic delights!
Sometimes I wish I had the money to properly explore all the amazing restaurants in Portland... But I'm such a good cook, I just can't seem to justify it.

My friend Chris made me some of the best fettuccini alfredo I have ever had in my life the other day. Thank you so much!

The job hunt is... going. I am working very hard to find a job. I go out on foot and plaster the town with resumes and I scour online. I have had many good interviews and it always seems to be between me and one or two other people and I am not the one who walks away with a paycheck in their foreseeable future. Aye me, sad days seem long!
This is ok. I am being productive and working on starting my own costume/clothing company in the meantime. I figured out what my #1 specialty is going to be... but I can't tell you because the idea is so good, it's a secret! When I make a couple prototypes and get them all patented or something then I will post up pictures.

I have been writing much hilarious comedy also, for Cosmic Lee's Intergalactic Traveling Show. I am a full-blown member, actress and writer extraordinaire for these interstellar entertainers. I bet you always thought I might be an alien. HA! you're right.

I should really write here more often, then each blog could have 1 topic and they would be shorter. I am sorry (not really) for offending the eyes with so many letters.

1 comment:

  1. No offense here. It is not long at all by my standards! You did not post it on FB, so I am just now getting around to reading it. Do that, please! Sounds like you remember all the good food in SF. Well, now that I think about it, my memories of my visits out there involve some awesome food and just cool, fun eating experiences. Keep at the job search. success is just a matter of persistence. Sounds like you are putting some great energy in other endeavors. Yipee! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete